Saturday 14 June 2014

I Made A Choker

I have always loved chokers since i was a kid and the fact they have come back into fashion is probably one of my happiest moments to do with fashion. The 90's chokers are back!. To get on the fashion wagon i decided i would try out making my own simple choker. I will be trying a 90's one when i have the correct material later on. Heres the result:


I was pretty happy with this. It is possibly one of the easiest things to make so i don't need to create a tutorial. It is that simple!. I decided to use a moon charm as i love anything to do with space. I will probably be buying some charms to swap between for this chain including a jupiter charm i found on Etsy.


What you will need to make a simple choker:

  • A piece of string measured to your neck size (black)
  • An old chain (links seperated to create two sections that will be sewn to the string)
  • Black thread
  • A needle
  • A charm
  • A lighter ( to burn the thread once sewn - optional depending if you want a neat end)

The finished product (without burning)


I hope you guys found this post helpful, for those of you who go on and make them i'd love to see yours! So, if you feel like sharing, post them on instagram and tag #rachellablogs. I may even do a post showing them. 

Thanks again for reading!

Rachella xox










No comments:

Post a Comment